onsdag den 16. oktober 2013

Top 5 Stand Alone Books


1. The Help by Kathryn Stockett a wonderful book about 1960's Jackson Mississippi. 2 black maids and one white woman who decides to write a book about what it is really like to be a maid in 1960's southern states. I would recommend this to someone who enjoys historical fiction and some strong female characters. It is on a more serious note, but also a very enjoyable read.







2. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak which I read very recently and had to include. I loved this book so much. You fall in love with every single character in this book. It is about a girl named Liesel in Nazi Germany. She is taken to live with her foster parents and on the way there she steals her first book. Also a great historical novel but more YA-ish.







3. Looking for Alaska by John Green. I was unsure if I wanted to put looking for Alaska or the fault in our stars here. They are both great contemporary young adult book, but i feel like Looking for Alaska doesn't get enough love. I recommend both, but looking for Alaska is very enjoyable and relatable. It is about a boy name Miles who goes off to a boarding school and learn about life and love. John Green is an amazing writer he is able to put in words what the rest of us cannot. It also has some of my favorite quotes.




4. The boy In The Suitcase by Lene Kaaberbøl and Agnete Friis. A danish crime novel about a boy in a suitcase. This book had me up all night. The main character is a nurse who get's involved in solving a crime when she by coincidence find a suitcase with a little boy inside of it. This book is very thrilling and intriguing.






5. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. A very nice young adult book, that takes up some very serious problems. This book has it all. It funny, and sad, and everything in between. I feel like any teenager will be able to relate so some parts of Perks. It is about charlie's first year of high school, the friends he meets and about falling in love. Even though this book is also sad it makes you feel good, and you should definitely check it out.







I tried to include a variety of different kinds of books to this list.

-Jamie

2 kommentarer:

  1. I really want to read The Help but I haven't had any luck finding it at the library, the same goes for Perks. :(

    SvarSlet
  2. You are more than welcome to borrow my copies you know :)

    SvarSlet