torsdag den 10. oktober 2013

Bridget Jones' Diary - Book Thoughts

Bridget Jone's diary was a quick read, and a very entertaining one as well. You fall in love with the awkward, calorie-counting, unlucky, but strong woman - Bridget Jones. You can't help it, this character is just so great. It was a lovely adaption of 'pride and prejudice'.
I saw the movie before I read the book which is something that rarely happens, but in this case I don't feel like it ruined the reading experience one bit. I found this book very funny and I even laughed out loud a couple of times, which is always a good sign.
But at the end of the day, that is really all that it was. A fun little read. It is definitely not one of the best books I have read. I would still recommend this to a friend, since it honestly is very enjoyable and I really liked it.
Not every book needs to be super deep and heartfelt. I guess you call this type of book a chick-lit, which isn't exactly my favorite genre (I actually can't think of any others I've read), but it took me by surprise, but I am not going to read the sequel since it didn't leave me wanting to know more, I was very satisfied with where it ended. I have a feeling that it'll only go down hill from here. (But what do I know?)



Soooo... this was a messy rambling, I hope some of it made sense. All in all it was a very entertaining book, but thats about it. Definitely a feel-good book.

-Jamie

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar